This post may contain editorial samples and/or affiliate links. We earn a commission on your sales.
Grilled Pork Chops: A Tasty Summer Comfort Food
Are you looking for a grilled pork chop recipe that will satisfy your summer comfort food cravings? Look no further than this grilled pork chops recipe. This grilled pork chop recipe is easy to make and can be served with any number of side dishes, so it's the perfect dish for feeding a crowd!
Grilling a pork chop can be tricky, but if you do it correctly, it will turn out well. If you have a grill on medium heat, then the outside and inside will cook evenly. Make sure to allow five minutes for each side of the meat and not more than that so that one side does not overcook before the other is done.
Herb rubs are a way to make food taste better. This recipe uses a herb rub to make delicious grilled pork chops. There are no rules for how they should be made. Add any ingredients you want that have the same flavor as what you're cooking or even combine different flavors together to get an interesting twist on food!
What herbs go the best with pork?
Salt, basil, rosemary, thyme, and garlic are often used in recipes to add flavor. Experiment with a variety of flavors by adding pepper or other spices like oregano.
Some other tips for grilled pork chops: Use a meat thermometer to make sure that the thickest part of your chop is cooked through before you serve it. The minimum temperature to cook meat safely is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Do you use a meal planner? It helps you to know what you are making for dinner for the week. It also helps you to save money at the grocery store by only buying what you need for the week. If you sign up for my newsletter below, you will receive a free printable meal planner immediately.
Grilled pork chops with an herb crust
One way to make grilled pork chops is to use a herb rub. It is also sometimes called herb crusted.
- 2 T. kosher salt
- 6-8 large fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 stems fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stems and crushed
- 2 T. fresh thyme leaves, crushed with fingers
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 1 T. black Hawaiian salt
- 4 thick-cut bone-in pork chops, approximately 1” thick
How to make grilled pork chops with an herb crust
- Combine salt, basil, thyme, and garlic in a bowl. Grind black pepper into the dish so that it will mix well.
- Rub the mixture on all sides of each chop, ensuring that every inch is coated.
- Always clean your grill before cooking. After you wash it, dry it, and then turn on the fire to make sure the grill is hot.
- Before you start grilling your pork chop make sure that the grill is preheated to medium heat.
- The key to cooking these is not letting the lid stay open for too long. If you do, it will take a lot longer than 7-8 minutes. Remember to turn once. The thickness of your chops will determine how long you cook them.
- As soon as meat sits on a grill for too long, it dries out significantly. That's why this recipe calls to remove them from heat 3-5 minutes before serving time so they can rest in their juices without overcooking or drying up completely. These juicy chops are topped with aromatic compound butter made using the same herbs used in the cooking process – yum!
What to serve with grilled pork chops?
There are a variety of side dishes you can serve with pork chops. My favorite is the classic apple sauce. I am sure you will be more creative than that.
Izzycooking has a ton of different side dish ideas you can create that are healthy and pair perfectly with pork chops.
What type of grill to use?
You can use an outdoor grill or an indoor grill. I personally love my Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 indoor grill. I do not have a place to grill outside, and this allows me to grill all year round.
Not only does it grill, but it also air fries, bakes, roasts, and dehydrates all in one machine. This saves valuable kitchen space by not needing a lot of different appliances.
The Ninja Foodi Grill does tend to cook faster than other grills. So it is important to pay attention to how quickly your pork chops are cooking.
The grilled pork chops is a complete meal in and of itself. It can be served with potatoes, green beans or corn on the cob for a full dinner. Pork chops are not only tasty but they're easy to cook too!
If you enjoy this recipe for grilled pork chops I recommend checking out my other pork chop recipes:
Easy Smothered Mediterranean Pork Chops Recipe and Air Fryer Pork Chops: A Simple and Delicious Meal.
Follow Me On Social Media: